Re: [IRCA] Applications for two new AM stations in Toronto Area(960 and 1350)

Re: [IRCA] Applications for two new AM stations in Toronto Area(960 and 1350)

> Either get CKNX to move to FM or change its pattern. Nobody
> really wants to listen to it around here, and it is getting
> to be more and more of a pest. It was booming in here all
> last night and even at 0800 this morning.

I live within the city grade coverage of WHJJ-920.  CKNX puts enough signal
in here so it's noticeable under WHJJ on an omni antenna.  With WHJJ nulled,
CKNX is perfectly listenable.  This is one station which quite obviously
does not switch to night pattern.  I've listened through the sunset
transition and never noticed any signal drop at all.  With the significant
drop in power and change of antenna pattern, it should have been quite
obvious.  They are listenable here from before sunset to well after sunrise.
All night long.

As a matter of fact, Tuesday evening I was sitting in my truck and did null
WHJJ.  Caught a number of good ID's and commercial breaks on CKNX.

FWIW, the C.E. of WHJJ is well aware of this.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI