Re: [IRCA] CBE-1550 Windsor ON applies to move to FM (97.5, 3.2 kW)

Re: [IRCA] CBE-1550 Windsor ON applies to move to FM (97.5, 3.2 kW)

Group:

I will miss hearing CBE when I go back to Port Huron to visit.  Aren't they alreaddy simulcasting on 93.5 in Sarnia/Chatham?  How far east of Windsor will they have to build the new tower to protect 97.1 and 97.9 in Detroit?

More importantly, what happens to 1550's status as a "Canadian Clear Channel?"  Or does such a status even exist anymore.  Will this open the door for Delaware, OH to actually cover the Columbus area at ngiht, and Fremont, MI, to get more power, particularlly more night power?  What about the four tiny 1550s in Indiana?

As far as DX is concerned, CBE was never much of a problem for me.  Its signal in Port Huron was about equal to that of WXYZ-1270 (listenable, but far from local quality), and it went off after midnight with the rest of the CBC.  I logged a number of stations on the channel during CBE's SP, including KKHI, the WBSC DX Test (1971?), and the Tijuana.  I also logged the major southern U.S. stations at LSS in the CBE null.  CBE slop was never a problem on 1540 or 1560.  CBEF, after it came on, was much more of a problem for me in Port Huron.

73
David