[IRCA] way OT: gold-plated Drake R8 on eBay

[IRCA] way OT: gold-plated Drake R8 on eBay

Check out this eBay auction for a Drake R8 that just ended, item 390006163936 It sold for $642!!! Must be gold-plated to fetch such a high price. Very creative ad by the seller probably helped. (He has an R8A currently on auction, wonder what it will go for.) The winner must have desperately wanted an R8. I don't think I paid much more than that for the last R8B I had a couple years ago, which is a much better radio than the R8. Steve