Re: [IRCA] Sort of On-Topic radio announcement...

Re: [IRCA] Sort of On-Topic radio announcement...

> I tried for many years to get an amateur license but could
> not master the code. Over the years I probably purchased every code
> learning aid that was available. As an adult I eventually discovered
> that I was slightly dyslexic and that was why I couldn't learn the code.

It took me more than a whole summer to be able to do the 20wpm for Extra.  I
used to carry cassettes with me and had a Heathkit morse keyboard that would
output random morse characters.  Used that in the truck back then as well.
I listened to no entertainment radio at any time, and probably caught most
of the W1AW morse transmissions for practice.  At the test I squeaked by at
the minimum 70%.

Perhaps I have a bit of dylexia as well.  Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!
Don't sell your soul to Santa!

And Congrats to those who passed the tests!

Craig Healy
NG1U