Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2008 12:36 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Talk on 890 AM?

Paul B. Walker, Jr. wrote:
My friend is driving in the Vacaville, CA area and hearing talk, in english
on 890 kHz.

Who is it?

Im not sure it's KDXU St George-Cedar City0, as their schedule suggests Dr
Laura and it didn't sound like that's what my friend ehard.

Any ideas?

----Paul,
I've read Tim's & Dennis' comments so I'll add my own. I drive the Sacto-S.F. corridor often over the last 50 years. Vacaville is right in the middle and an interesting dx location, just ask Rich Toebe or Curtis McMinnaman (forever renowned for hearing every dx test that used tone, sweeps or morse code-in the last 15 years). At any rate at quarter of 6 in the evening in early November what your friend heard (99.44% sure) is KLFF Arroyo Grande. They have a good signal here in S.F. even when KDXU is powering in. No chance for Homer AK at that hour.

By the way Paul, I'm very disappointed that you apparently don't read many of my infrequent posts. I recently mis-identified the Las Vegas station as WMZQ instead of KMZQ and YOU didn't immediately point it out as you are wont to do with anyone posting an indiscretion, no matter how small.
Don K.
S.F. CA