[IRCA] TPs from Orcas Isl.: AWFUL!!!

It was the worst morning since August. I checked the dial at 90 minutes before dawn and again at dawn. In general, what little TP action that existed before dawn was still there, but down in level. There was no audio at all, at any time above 1053... for the first time this season.... and very little in the way of hets in the Top Band.

Oddly enough, things were about average at 702 and below.... both early and at dawn. I had audio on 702 and every other channel below, except 603 which rarely has anything here.

Is the dreaded Mid-winter Anomaly approaching more rapidly than usual???

Wonderful that Richard Allen heard a second Japanese this morning from Northern Oklahoma. It was 774, the one that I'd have expected. 774 and 747 were both doing well here. I've heard the Japanese on occasion in Oklahoma... but darn rarely and always on a Beverage antenna with a major communications receiver. Well done, Richard!!!

Randy Stewart where are you!!! Euro DX from SW Missouri is OK, but the Japanese....

John B.

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Slider E100
Antennas: Wellbrook Phased Array NW
Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest _______________________________________________