[IRCA] Slider E100 Ultralight- A Daytime DX Dream

[IRCA] Slider E100 Ultralight- A Daytime DX Dream

Hello Guys,

     John Bryant and I continue to be amazed at  the DXing performance of our
latest fanatical creation-- the "fully  modified" Eton E100 Ultralight, with
a 7.5" Sliding Coil ("Slider") loopstick  and the Murata CFJ455K5 narrow IF
filter (suggested by Guy Atkins).  This  hot-rodded Ultralight has DX
performance WAY out of proportion to its  size.

     In noontime daytime DX testing for an upcoming  E100 Four Variant
Shootout article, the fully modified Slider E100 was able  to solidly receive the
following:

KXLX-700 (Airway Heights, WA) in the null of KIRO-710 ( 210  miles)
KTBI-810 (Ephrata, WA) in the null of KGNW-820 (130 miles)
KPAM-860 (Troutdale, OR) in the null of IBOC slopper KHHO-850 (125  miles)
KALE-960 (Richland, WA) in the null of KJR-950 (175 miles)
KFXX-1080 (Portland, OR) in the null of KPTK-1090 (125 miles)
KAST-1370 (Astoria, OR) in the null of KKMO-1360 (110 miles)
KUTI-1460 (Yakima, WA) in the null of KSUH-1450 (100 miles)

     The combination of extreme sensitivity,  selectivity and nulling ability
makes this compact modified E100 a real  DXing wildcat!  By comparison, none
of the traditional stock portables  here (E1, ICF-2010 or ICF-S5W) were able
to make any of these catches,  due either to inadequate sensitivity,
selectivity or nulling ability.

     A full 7-page article describing the Slider  loopstick was recently
uploaded to DXer.Ca., and the E100 Four Variant Shootout  article should be
completed shortly.  Already in TP DXing since summer,  this little monster has
received 70 TP's (here in Puyallup, and  at Grayland).  John and I are grinning
from ear to ear :>)

     73,  Gary

Holiday needs. Search Now.
-aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)