[IRCA] Orcas Is. TPs: Nov 7th.... Fabulous!

[IRCA] Orcas Is. TPs: Nov 7th.... Fabulous!

--
John,

After taking quite a few mornings off from TP dxing, I'm back at it.
My dog usually wakes me up around 5 am.  I would like to make it
till local sunrise, but it's hard. Would be nice if the dog could sleep in
for one more hour (6 AM).

I was very happy with my results in the Ultralight modified World  Wide DX
Folley contest.  Got beat by 3,500 km by Gary on the Coast.
John was a nose behind in second in a three Dxer race.
The modified Eton E100 by Steve Ratzlaff is a great receiver.
Plus conditions were great last Saturday when I logged 4 of my 5 catches.

In September on the way home from the 2008 IRCA convention, we stopped
at Byrce Canyon Park in Utah.  Pulled out the R-30cc and space magnet
and heard JOUB 774 with a S-9 signal.  Everyone else was running to take pictures
of the sunrise, but I'm at a bench DXing TP's.  A Japanese couple walked
past the radio, on their way to taking sunrise pictures. Had the urge to stop them
and let them hear JOUB, but didn't.  Did take a few pictures of the radio and
space magnet with  774 kHz and S-9 db visible in the picture.

Craig in CO & Bill in AZ hear TP's in the fall, so I'm not surprised that Dxer's in
the Midwest could hear TP's with good conditions.  Hope more Midwest Dxer's
give TP's a try.

Dennis,
Salmon Creek, WA