Re: [IRCA] Good news radio 1200 kHz?

Paul Crankshaw wrote:
Can anyone help me with this one.

I heard the slogan "Good news radio" at 0500 UTC on 06/11 mixing with WOAI. Google takes me to CKOT Tillsonburg, ON but CKOT isn't shown on the topaz list http://topazdesigns.com/ambc/

Wikipedia talks about it being the only daytime only station in Canada but this seems to refer to 1510 kHz although it states it moved from 1510 to FM in 2007.

Does CKOT still operate nighttime on 1200?

CKOT has never operated on 1200. They applied for the frequency in the eighties but never followed through.

And Wikipedia to the contrary, CKOT still operates daytime-only on 1510, though with a 24-hour FM simulcast as well on 107.3. Somewhere in the back of my head, I'm thinking the 1510 calls changed when the 107.3 signed on...

"Good News Radio" sounds religious...perhaps KFNW Fargo, which just recently upgraded to 50 kW, sending most of that power up over the poles?