[IRCA] Orcas Island TPs, Nov. 1

Nigel and I were certainly listening to the same band this morning.... it was "all Japan, all the time." The onpening to Japan was quite strong... maybe not quite the level of mid-September, but good, never the less. Further, the upper half of the band was more active than has been the norm this season. There were a few of the biggest Chinese guns around at reduced levels, but Japan ruled.

The more interesting catches:

540, NHK1 Synchros late
702, NHK2 Synchros early and late
936 had Anhui, China at low level, but also one or more of the low power JJ Commercial repeaters late
1269 had one or both of the Hokkaido BC repeaters //1287
1305 CNR2//918 (!)
1350 JOER, Hiroshima
1386 NHK2 Synchros
1413 JOIF Fukuoka (rarely heard this year)
1440 JOWF Sapporo

So, it was an interesting AM.... I wonder what Guy heard at Grayland???

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Slider E100
Antennas: Wellbrook Phased Array NW
Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest _______________________________________________