[IRCA] Tonight's DX

Hi Group:

I'm finding that having a decent receiver makes a huge difference in the lower bands.  I used to be able to hear next to nothing except the usual culprits below 630.  Bob Pietsch's radio has changed all that.

540  WYNN  SC  Florence on top w/black gospel 10/30/08, 2050 (EDT) mtn. Florence @2059, then "WTZF-FM ID @ 2002.  The ID was well u/WETC (which ID'ed just ahead of WYNN).

550  KFYR  ND  Bismarck well u/WKRC/KTRS w/"K-Fire" ID & talk, possiblly the one w/YL doing the weather.

1250  WBRM  NC  Marion on top 10/30/08, 2010 w/cw song that made me long for that horrid vonage commercial!  Clear ID & remarkable signal for 62 watts.  This one is a big enough pest at LSS.

1440  WLWI  AL  Montgomery 10/30/08, 2035 rose up out of a graveyard-like mess w/PSA aired in cooperation w/AL Association of Broadcasters, promo for Rush & O'Reilly "back to back," & "Newsradio 1440" slogan.  I think every 1440 in the country must be beamed directly away from us here in SE Ohio.  WPRS used to run the channel AN w/100 watts ND.

73's

David Faulkner