Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] QSL request

There was an AM not far from me at WABV, that was on a Class C Channel and
supposedly had a 5/8 wave tower.. and put the full 1KW into the tower.

Glad we could try and help!

Paul Walker
www.onairdj.com

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 6:36 AM, Craig Healy <bubba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

The station that received the QSL is WNBH-1340 in New Bedford, MA.  The
report came from Finland.  There have been a few reports from Scandinavia
in
the past few years.

WNBH is a bit of an anomoly in that it has a tall tower, yet puts the full
kilowatt into in.  No power cutback to make it an equivalent
kilowatt/quarter wave tower. On vacation on Monhegan Island off the coast
of Maine I could hear WNBH if I nulled the other pests.  It does get out
well.

Thanks to all for the ear work!

Craig Healy
Providence, RI