Re: [IRCA] Antenna work

> >Second antenna project was a vertical.  I had a 7 foot
> >length of 2" PVC pipe.  I got two 35' lengths of #14 THHN
> >wire.  I made two windings from the center to each end.  I
> >used a 450 to 50 ohm transformer I had kicking around.
> >Probably took ten minutes to make.
>
> Did you wind both windings in the same direction or in
> opposite directions?  Wonder if it would make a difference?

In this case they were the same direction.  I can unwind one and rewind it
in the opposite direction.  I really don't know if it makes a difference.
Should take all of a few minutes and a couple new pieces of duct tape.
(grin)  I'll set it in a specific location and write down some signal
strengths.  Then do the rewind and repeat.

> I Always enjoy reading your antenna articles.

Thatks!  Finding what doesn't work can be as important as finding what does.
Believe me, I've found a bootload of what doesn't work...

Craig Healy
Providence, RI