Re: [IRCA] 780 - 3rd STATION

At 10:11 PM 10/27/2008, you wrote:
>Pete
>
>My first guess would be KNOM Nome.  Alaska bush stations like to run VERRRY long weather reports, sometimes covering hundreds of thousands of square miles.  From what I can tell, KNOM's musical selections are all over the map.
>
>Bruce
>
>Pete Taylor wrote:
>>At 9:15pm PDT/0015 EDT I am picking up a 3rd station under KKOH & WBBM. I thought the music was originally Caribbean. Then followed a female announcer with what seemed like an extended weather report. Now it seems like soul music. I can't think of any hurricanes approaching any of our coasts which would result in a 780 station running on day facilities at night. It is now weaving in and out of KKOH & WBBM and sometimes taking the lead. The loop is aimed at WBBM.
>>
>>Any clues anyone?

Bruce (and Pete):  Nome is coming in right now quite well at 05:17 UTC.  What I usually hear, though, is indigenous religious hymns....in fact that's what they're playing right now as I type this.  Bruce is correct about frequent and lengthy weather reports too!  A real eye-opener to hear some of them, let me tell you!  Your soul music may very well be Nome, because it does have that "down home" sound to it for sure.......Walt.