[IRCA] Very Good TP Morning on Orcas

As has been the pattern, the later in October, the poorer are the Japanese and the better the Chinese. This AM was no different, with the bigger JJs still around, but hounded by CC signals over, under or through them.

General conditions continued to improve here, with the lower half the band having 36 in audio and the burgeoning upper band containing 19. Audio levels in general were up again this AM, with a good many 8s and a few Chinese 9s (945, 963).

The more interesting things:

612 was DU late
639 early might have been DU EE, late was CNR1
702 was NK early, DU late
864 was the South Korean, doing very well.
1017 had a standard CC signal fighting it out with the CRI KK station.
1278 was, I think, Hebei, doing very well
1512 was CC

Overall, it was a very good morning.... Unfortunately, here right now, the dawn enhancement begins AFTER 1400 and the good stuff is gone BEFORE 1500. Another week, when Guy and I are in Grayland, will give 1500 TOH stuff more of a chance.

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Slider E100
Antennas: Wellbrook Phased Array NW
Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest _______________________________________________