[IRCA] Alberta TP's for 22 Oct 2008

Pretty dismal conditions here.   It was very nearly a complete blank here
for audio, but managed to hear a few words in Japanese on 774, 828 and
1179 just prior to sunrise.  Then a couple of moments later, the Aussie on
738 reached audio level for a brief moment.
The bottom end of the dial was totally wiped out here with only weak
carriers on 594 and 693.  Actually the Japanese carriers on 1242/1287 (and
the 1179 which reached audio) were stronger, which is very unusual.
   We're going away to BC for a few days, so look for conditions to
recover from whatever is ailing them.  Every solar indicator I've seen
points to good conditions, so it would be interesting to know what
other factor is causing us grief.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta