[IRCA] Morning TPs from Orcas: Oct 16

It was a low to average morning here, with more signs of it becoming late Fall season (JJs were excellent two hours before dawn, lots of channels with two stations at dawn.) As usual, 75% of the action was below 1100.

The most interesting....

531 had two East Asian signals, Morioka, Japan plus the Filipino or the INDIAN, or the Russian or the Thai??? Very unusual

675 had Vietnam plus probably the Inner Mongolian Chinese.

837 was the funniest.... I'm still trying to sort out whether we are hearing the new Fujian Province station or the Heilongjiang PBS that has been normal in the past on 837. At 1355, a CC was blasting in at nearly 9-level on 837, so I turned on the recorder. At 1358, I thought that I noticed another station coming up underneath. At 1359, I was sure that there was a second station, but the original was still dominant. At about 1400, I heard the typical Chinese Time Pips, though the stations seemed about equal.... and then about two seconds after the pips ended, a SECOND identical set of pips was run at a slightly lower strength. About half way through the second pips, the first station started talking and then, the second station joined the talking gumbo.... totally unintelligible in any language. I turned off the recorder. Five minutes later at a recheck, there was one station, alone on 837.... but which and who?

There were 49 audios, but about half were only at mumble Level 6.

Linda and I have never done much touristing around the inner NW and we are heading out early tomorrow to visit parts of Eastern Washington and Idaho that we have not previously visited. We'll be back about this time next week.... I'll be checking in from various motels in the evenings to find out about the fabulous conditions that I'll have missed.

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Ultralights
Antennas: Wellbrook Phased Array SE/NW
Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest