Re: [IRCA] Reporting QTH

Pat,

I suppose it depends on how you look at it. I have rediscovered the hobby of taping air-checks. Recording clear reception of a weak local station including a local ID is quite fun. I enjoy going back to the recordings and listening to what they broadcast. I enjoy traveling to different places and recording the local stations is another way of getting a souvenir which can bring back memories.

I love radio. DXing for me is just one slice of radio.

Bill

Patrick Martin wrote:
Bill,

The advantage of a DXpedition, you are getting "DX". Going to where the
station is located would not be near as much fun. One big reason for
DXpeditions today, as so many DXers live in cities where the local QRN
plus solid NSP stations, they have to go out of town to get the DX. 73,

Patrick
Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager