[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 7 Oct 2008

My first morning back after being away, and sounds like quite the morning
out on the coast.  Here in Alberta it was certainly a good morning, but by
no means the best of the season.  It was unusual in that both TPs and DUs
were coming in at the same time, which is quite rare here.

Audio noted:

China: 963, 1044, 1089, 1206
Japan: 531, 567, 594, 693, 702, 729, 747, 774, 828, 873, 1134, 1179, 1188,
1287
N.Korea: 855
S.Korea: 711, 972, 1566
unIDs: 738 (sounded Chinese), 837, 1035, 1116, 1125, 1314
Australia: 531, 639, 702, 738, 828, 891, 1548

Also Russia on 648 (though poor), Fiji on 639, and English religion on 801
(so surely Guam).

The English on 801 was certainly the morning's highlight as Guam has never
been logged here (CHAB on 800 is a major problem).  No ID so still
officially tentative, but I have little doubt that's what it was.  Was
interesting also to hear the battle on 639, which started out with an ABC
station, but gradually changed over to Fiji.
Oddly, the most regular Aussies didn't do well - 1116 never even made
audio, with both 702 and 891 quite poor.

Certainly another interesting morning.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, ALberta