[IRCA] QSLs from New Zealand

On returning home after three weeks, I'd hoped for a whole fist full of QSLs.... but only had one envelope from Dudley Scantlebury, Technical Administrator of RBG, Rhema Broadcasting Group in Auckland. It was a treasure trove. Mr. Scantlebury inclosed 3 QSL cards.... Rhema 1251 in Auckland, and Southern Stars 963 in Christchurch and 882 in Auckland. I had inquired if they had upgraded the Christchurch transmitter, since it was coming in so well here for most of the summer. He said that they had not, so we must have had a semi-permanent bump in the ionosphere at just the right spot.

Mr. Scantlebury also discussed some recent frequency moves in the three AM networks. Hamilton 576 joins Southland (Invercargill) 1026 in a fairly new network called "The Word" which consists of Bible readings by various readers, 24/7. The new Hamilton Southern Star is now on 1494. He notes two Southern Stars on 657.... Wellington at 50 kW and Tauranga at 12 kW. And the Invergargill Southern Star is now on 1314 kHz.

It looks like AM reports to all three networks ought to go to Mr. Scantlebury at RBG, Private Bag 92636, Symonds St, 53 Upper Queens St, Auckland, NZ.

He enclosed a listing of the current stations on all RBG networks that I'll forward to Bruce Portzer.

Those get my TP total up to 216, of which 25 are from Kiwi Country. Not too shabby for having started less than 20 years ago, but still FAR, FAR BEHING Sir Patrick who is almost up to 3000 total QSLs..... setting a standard for us all, he is!

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Ultralights
Antennas: Wellbrook Phased Array SE/NW
Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest