Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:41:50 +0000
From: vroomski@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [IRCA] KFI back to full power this afternoon
<irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Scott,

Thanks for the information on KFI.  Will give them a listen
and try and hear the tail end of the "John & Ken" show.
Hopefully with the antenna back up again I will be able to
hear the Bill Handle show latter in the morning.

Dennis,
Salmon Creek, WA

-------------- Original message -------------- From: Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx>

From Bob Gonsett's CGC Communicator:

FIELD STRENGTH MEASUREMENTS INVITED FOR THE KFI SWITCH

Following is an open letter from Marvin Collins, former
Chief Engineer of KFI, 640 kHz, Los Angeles:

The activation of KFI's reconstructed tower "is due to
take place at 5:15 PM on Thursday September 25. It will be
part of the John and Ken show which airs from 3 PM to 7 PM.
I believe there will be a remote broadcast from the tower site.

"It would be interesting to have readers look for a change
in signal strength. Send the results of your data to Marvin
Collins, w6oqi (at) arrl.net and be sure to include the
location where you made your measurements."

[Editor's note: Multiple measurements are recommended in
case the switch time changes. Since KFI is THE legendary
station in southern California, this will be a monumental
event.]