[IRCA] ExtremelyHeavy group

Those are nice radios Russ as I've said before, and the only things that probably need to be replaced in those are the filter caps. Most SP-600's had about 50 black beauties in them which leak and crack and are everywhere in them. I think the HQ-150's have ceramics, don't they? I know my HQ-180 has all ceramic caps.

Bob Young
Extremelyheavy group
Analog, MA
KB1OKL

> And I have two HQ-150's which weigh in at somewhere around 50# each. And both of them need at least some degree of re-capping, hopefully this Fall or Winter, as neither of them works currently. Great radios, but after 60+ years of use, they need a lot of attention!
>

> Russ Edmunds

I don't know, to me I think of tube radios with their heavy transformers, metal cabinets etc. but then again, maybe we should have different weight classes like boxers do, Back Breakers like Colin came up with: HRO's, R390A's, R390's, SP-600's, SX28's etc. Middleweights like some of the lighter Hammarlunds, the HQ series for example, Lightheavyweights like some of the lighter Hallicrafters and early Drake tube receivers on down to the Featherweights, the modern Drakes which are solid state. Nahhh.... tube receivers 10lbs and up, what do you think?

Bob Young
Extremelyheavy group
Analog, MA
KB1OKL