Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2008 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] 24 hour clock in Excel

Hi Bob,

Since this radio related, I'm hoping I'm not "off topic". One thing you can do is for your column with the times, highlight the entire column (using the
grey box at the top of the column). Then click, in the following order:
Format, Cells, Number, Text and OK. Now go to that column, type in 'zero
zero zero one" and you will see that the leading zeroes don't disappear.

I've been doing it that way for several years and I've found it workss very
well, even if you want to do some sorting later on.

Hope this helps.

73 de Joe, KJ8O

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 15:14:20 -0700 (PDT), Bob Coomler wrote
This probably should be simple, but I'm lost.  I'm setting up Excel
spreadsheets for my primary logging program (not at all happy with
the pre-packaged ones).  How can I get it to show a leading zero
when using the 24 hour clock: i.e. 0500?  No matter what I seem to
do, it will show as 5:00 or 500.  There has gotta be a way!  Thanks
for any suggestions.

Bob Coomler
Cloverdale, CA
original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of
the IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers

-- 73 de Joe Miller, KJ8O, Troy, MI -- Grid EN82 --
------ WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com) ------