[IRCA] Nice TA Evening

Greetings,

It appears that the effort to rebuild the antenna farm this summer was worthwhile. High winds took their toll last winter.

The antenna farm now consists of:

A 70 x 25 SW Super Loop @215 degrees
A 63 x 20 S EWE @130 degrees
A 90 x 25 NW EWE @320 degrees
A 70 x 19 NW EWE @330 degrees
A 60 x 25 NE EWE @50 degrees
Unterminated BOG 315'
Terminated BOG 285'

I also replaced the coax from my South EWE with auninterrupted run of new coax. What a difference! I had various lengths of RG-52 connected via PL-259s & barrel connectors. Even using the rubberized coating material, moisture intrusion must have compromised the connectors over time. I noted a subpar signal level from that antenna. The run of new coax solved that problem.

I originally configured the NE & S EWEs as Super Loops, but found the signal levels a bit low, so I removed the ~960 ohm resistors and left the run of wire along the ground to serve as a counterpoise ground. I have bedrock showing in the backyard so my ground here is not very good.

Listening from 0443 to 0530 last night, I had more TA carriers than I have ever noted before at this location:

774, 1044, 1134, 1215 (w/snivets of threshold audio), 1269, 1296, 1377, 1422 & 1575.

73

Craig Barnes
Wondervu, CO
Drake R8A