Re: [IRCA] OT Remote control

Patrick
        Sounds like what you have is a tact switch ( tactile ).
The good news is they have gone into almost anything electronic
for over 20+ years. Must have made a billion of em by now.
The bad news is there are many styles.
        If you are lucky you may find an old fashioned TV shop
with a junk pile but they are all but gone. There are a few very common
ones used in most things.
         I used to see assortments in catalogues years ago, you
may check some of the TV-VCR parts houses. When looking
check the following......
through hole or surface mount
pin layout & case style
case height
button height
          Dont expect much help from parts wholesalers the
profit is pennies each.
Good luck
Tom Jones
Mason N.H.