Re: [IRCA] 710 + Cuba + IBOC = Mess

This QTH is 11 miles NNE of local 710-KNUS transmitter site and in it's day/night patterns. Even so, I can still pull in the Cuban at least once a year with KNUS phase attenuated. 73.

Chris Knight
Fort Lupton, Colorado
http://sites.google.com/site/2008amloggings/

> WOR's Tom Ray is complaining about interference from Cuba. Has anyone
> heard this station? Is it using the Rebelde xmtr or is Rebelde still being
> heard? Don't the Cuban authorities know that 710 and neighbouring
> frequencies are pretty much a dog's breakfast even without their help?

Oh, this is rich.  A guy who has a station that interferes with 700 and 720
and refuses to even accept that there is interference complains about a
station 1500+ miles away?  Ha!  Talk about irony!

Yes, the Cuban often overrides WOR here in the Providence area.  While I
normally am not happy about the overpowering Cubans, this is one that I
don't especially mind.  Frankly I hope they turn the wick up even more.  I
hope they cause as much pain to WOR as WOR causes to it's adjacent
neighbors.  I used to like to listen to 700 and 720 in occasion.  It hasn't
been possible in any comfortable level since the IBOC monster started
hissing away at night.

To quote Nelson...  HA HA!!!

Craig Healy
Providence, RI