Re: [IRCA] AM station for sale on E-Bay

This is WIPIS 1250 Ticonderoga, NY... 1KW Day and 85 Watts at night.

The studios are in Crown Point, NY in the same building as a NY State
Tropopers Barracks and the feed to the Ticonderoga transmitter is sent back
to the transmitter via a DSL internet connection from the Crown Point
studios. The owner of WIPS is a publishing company and local dialup Internet
service provider.

The transmitter and audio processing need SERIOUS work. A friend drove
through and the signal was very week.

The station was taken silent on December 23rd, 2007 because the license was
losing money, no revenue was being generated.

The first mistake is locating the studio in a town of 2000 people 8 miles by
road from the City of License, a town of 5000 people. The signal also
doesn't cover Burlington or Rutland that well.

You'd have to have one full time air person who could do production,
promotions and office work... and 2 commission noly full time sales people
to make this thing work.

Just wanted to pass along what I know.

Also, I found an AM Construction Permit for sale in New York
http://cgi.ebay.com/RADIO-STATION-AM-CONSTRUCTION-PERMIT-FOR-SALE_W0QQitemZ190244924702QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190244924702&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A16%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Look below at the figures in terms of population... the signal isn't going
to be very useable past the 1mv contour to the average person. hose numbers
get higher as you go because the .2mv is very very weak and includes major
cities nearby

Paul

--
Sincerely,