Re: [IRCA] Skywave noise

Mike McKenna wrote:
So -- someone is going to take some private citizen to court -- because he or she "broadcasts" or Streams" his or her favorite radion station over the internet -- for no fee. Yes, it may be a viloation. But it would harm ASCAP, BMI and others MORE -- by taking private citizens to court. Would the general public be fined for singing "God Blees America" and "take me out to the balll game" as a "piublic preformance" at every ball game. Would they be required to pay a fine or fee before any fan could leave the stadium?? You failed to answer my question. Can anyone just locate such a site?
"Take Me Out to the Ballgame" and "God Bless America" are in the public domain, the copyrights have long since expired (if there were any to begin with), so there would be no royalties on those songs. Scott already addressed the status of other songs played at ballgames.

Bruce