From: "Bob Young" <youngbob53@xxxxxxx>
To: <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 8:05 AM
Subject: [IRCA] IBOC sidebands in Australia?

Probably a stupid question but is it possible to get hets or any AM radio
activity on the West coast from Australia and vice versa? The reason I ask
this is because in one of the forums I belong to a man in Australia's IBOC
radio's HD light flickers once in a while and he was wondering if it was
false triggering or if it was possible that it was from IBOC stations from
the US. I didn't think it was possible especially considering the nature of
IBOC although the sidebands seem to go a lot farther than the audio, but one
of the engineers seemed to think it may be possible. This guy did not live
near the coast either somewhere in central Australia I think,

Bob Young
Millbury, MA
KB1OKL