[IRCA] Very Good Asian AM on Orcas: Aug 16

[IRCA] Very Good Asian AM on Orcas: Aug 16

Friends,

It was all Asia this AM until the last ten minutes before dawn. Then the Asians were gone and the DUs came up to 7s. There were a lot of interesting Asians this AM:

747//774//828 NHK was running advanced conversational Russian this morning in the 1230 to 1300 time frame... nary a bit of JJ. First time that I've heard that program.

837 Was clearly Chinese and most likely the new CNR-5 to Taiwan
738 Was a Chinese dialect and 1143 was a strong het. Presumed Taiwan Fisheries. The first this year.
1017 was JJ early and DU late as were 747, 774 and 828
1053 Beijing Dialect CC at 8 around 1245, with Korean Jammer in far background. Not sure who this is, either 1098 had some of the Marshalls carrier, but briefly what sounded like a Japanese Noh play What was that??? 1107 was the same mess as late last year, with different signals on hi, low and middle. The carriers looked like the Rocky Mountains or a South American frequency.

1206 The Yanbian, China KK programming has been noted the last two AMs running low at 1205.975. I seem to remember that they were running high last fall??

1215 noted at 7. Pres. CNR7

The brief showing of the DUs was limited to 7s, except for Olympic coverage on 891. The others were all familiar: 567, 702, 756, 765, 747, 774, 828 and 1017.

I checked my spectrum logs from last year... which started on August 17. I was hearing 963 China and one or two others on the mainland about one morning out of 5.... so the mainland was present here, but not so extensively... and nothing like Taiwan or the central coast of China as I am hearing now.

WHAT FUN!!!

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Ultralights
Antennas: Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest