Re: [IRCA] Skywave noise

Rich,

 I blame it on conditions At least here. I live less than a mile from
the Pacific and I don't hear the Hawaiians like I used to. Maybe 20% of
what they used to be. My noise level has not changed much through the
years here. Off the SW EWE days the S Meter is resting below S1 on a
dead channel on the R8. The dial is not all that much more crowded here
than it was 20 years ago. A few changes but not enough to make much
difference. The signals just are no longer there. Hopefully they will
return in time. When we moved back to Seaside in 1979, I threw a wire
out the window and had DUs at S9+ all over the dial AN night after
night. 4MK 1026 MacKay, Q (5 KW) was S9+20 DB often. I have heard the
station, now 4EL maybe a couple times in the past few years. The DU DX
just aren't there as well as the Pacific. Asians in the Fall have not
changed all that much here though.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin