Re: [IRCA] EWE Up in Carlisle UK!

Dennis,

Five years ago we had rare lightening storm and we had a strike about a
mile away, on the beach. The charge was big enough to wipe out a 5K
Radio Shack pot on the SW EWE. The next morning I noticed no null on the
SW EWE. In checking the pot and turning it, the carbon was powdery and
fell out of the bottom of the pot. I had to replace it. Later I bought a
bunch of 2.5K pots from a Electronics firm in NE and these are much
better and last and last. I have had those out in the weather for now 3
years and they continue to work. But I have spares, when I need them.
The 2.5K pots work great.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin