Re: [IRCA] EWE Up in Carlisle UK! (off topic)

Re: [IRCA] EWE Up in Carlisle UK! (off topic)

Yep home brew. Yep insulated wire around ferrite ring. My worry was have I melted the inner core sleeve with outer core braiding when soldering?
  Barry

Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Barry,

Is your matching transformer, homebrew or a commercial unit? I make all
of mine. Less expensive and I can make them the way I want. It you use
insulated wire, you should have no shorting issue. Easy to test with an
ohm meter. Check for isolaton between the two sections. There should be
no reading. I have found the number of wraps do not make much difference
as long as you are close. The null should be around 950 ohms I should
think. 2,000 ohms seem a bit high. If that is the case, you do not have
a good ground. The poorer the ground, the higher the reading for a null
and the more shallow the null is Even as good as my grounding is, if we
get dry weather for a time, and then it rains, I can notice a much
better null. In the Winter with 3-4 feet of water sitting in the field,
my grounding is excellent and 6+ months a year there is sitting watter
in the field.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin