[IRCA] Some Maritime Notes

Just got back from a week in Greenwood,Nova Scotia with the Grundig YB-550 in tow.  Some notes and observations:

740 CHCM, Marystown NF, my only Newfoundland station heard on this trip, on August 5, with "VOCM-590" IDs and country music.

900  CKDH, Amherst NS, AC, "Your Community, Your Radio Station"

930  CFBC, Saint John NB, Good Time Oldies, "Oldies 93"

1350  CKAD, Middleton NS, "AVR" (Annapolis Valley Radio), country

1420  CKDY, Digby NS, AVR (Annapolis Valley Radio), country

1450  CFAB, Windsor NS, country, just IDed as "CFAB".  I see some reports that it is part of the AVR network but they never IDed as AVR.  I didn't check to see if they were in // to 1350, 1420 or 97.7.

1260   CKHJ, Fredericton NB, country, "KHJ, Today's Country"

590  CJCN, Sussex NB, same slogan as CKDH above, "Your Community, Your Radio Station", AC

990  CBAO, St Stephen NB, CBC-1 programming, 40 watts.  I always check for this one when I cross the border at Calais ME/St Stephen NB.  I didn't heard a similar low-powered CBC station on 600 at McAdam NB.

1340  WMDR Augusta ME, heard whgile passing through, IDing as "The Worship Radio Network" with Christian contemporary programming.  Didn't hear any "Zap 1340" IDs.

John Cereghin
Smyrna DE