Re: [IRCA] 530 khz

Likely you're hearing Radio Enciclopedia, _www.radioenciclopedia.cu_
(http://www.radioenciclopedia.cu) , qth Habana.  Well heard nites into northern USA,
well heard days in FL & upper  Gulf.

Format exactly as you say, SS FF & instrumentals. Enci's been on 530  since
mid-DEC '07, previously R. Rebelde, prior to that, R. Cadena Habana, but
Enci's been a constant here longer than the rest.

Enci previously heard here on 1260 thru OCT '06, when fido pulled  plug.

During periods of extended telco, power, & computer outages due to  summer
lightning & flooding, locals here rely upon R. Enciclopedia for their  daily
recommended allowance of easy listening insrumentals, piano solo rumbas,  &
indispensable 70s lounge music, without which life would simply be  unbearable.

PV Zecchino
Manasota Key, FL

In a message dated 8/9/2008 8:16:38 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,