Re: [IRCA] TP's for 08-02-08 from Victoria

At 10:30 AM 8/2/2008, you wrote:
>John and Walt,
>
>It did not surprise me that the Russian lwers and JJ's were in. For
>couple hours 11PM to 1 AM, Alaskns were everywhere. Even what sounded
>like native talk and music on 720 which may have been KOTZ Kotzebue.
>KFQD was S9+15+. KYUK 640 was alone.  I tried 1330 after Midnight (KKPZ
>s/off), but not a peep from the new Juneau station, that I could tell.
>With the way Northern cx were last night, I would think with 1330 clear,
>I would have heard it, if on the air. Alaskans noted were tKKZN-550,
>tKGTL-620, tKENI-650, tKDLG-670 (IBOC hash on 660+680), KBYR-700,
>tKOTZ-720, KFQD-750, tKCHU-770, tKSDP-830, KICY-850, tKSKO-870,
>KTKN-930, KSDO-1080, & KAGV-1110. I looked for Galena on 910, but too
>much Drumheller AB there. But not a bad beginning of Fall cx. Another
>few weeks, things should be jumping.
>
>73,
>
>Patrick

I think you're right, Patrick.  I noted the other morning KTKN booming in at dawn enhancement, something I sure didn't expect.  I'll be on the Charlottes for almost a month in a few weeks, so will be looking forward to some good DX sessions....hopefully as good as the DXpedition of last fall, although it will be a little earlier this year.....Walt Salmaniw, Victoria