[IRCA] TPs for 25 July: Orcas Island

It seemed a classic pattern this morning. I DXed from 1210 until bandfade at 1240, with the first ten minutes being Asia, the middle ten being a mix and the final 10 being all DU, except 1566 Korea kicking up to a brief 7 after their pattern change at 1230.. The most remarkable thing was the strength of the Japanese Big Three (747,774, 828). They were, by far, the strongest that I've heard this year, with 747 an 8, 774 briefly a 9 and 828 a 7 at 1212 UTC. Those were the strongest signals of the morning. The DUs were fewer than in the past several weeks and weaker, too.

567 Kiwi late at 7+
585 both wires late, 6+ sounds DU
612 6+ DU at 1233
639 Isl. sing? 6
675 Christchurch building to almost 8 late (1239)
747 7 @ 1210 EE Lesson and building
756 in at 7 from 1215 until 1235 or so Kiwi
765 both wires late
774 an 8 at 1212. Later was DU
828 a 7 briefly at 1212 //774 JJ
837 6 Asia wire
846 6 Asia wire
891 a 6+ from 1215 til around 1230... seemed 5AN
963 both wires
1017 a 6 on both antennas, good modulation 1215
1053 a 6 that sounded like a mix of jammer and real programming + imagination
1107 was DU late
1566 7 briefly at 1231

The Asian season is giving us pre-season teasers :>) What fun!

John B.