Re: [IRCA] Review of Sony EX5, CCRadioPLus and GE SRII published

Re: [IRCA] Review of Sony EX5, CCRadioPLus and GE SRII published

This is in response to the URL (http://hkradioer.googlepages.com/ 3mwkings) provided to the list by satya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx The source is "HKRadioer" and on the web site comparing the three radios, a band scan of signal strengths is provided for one of the sets:
567    2
603    5
621    1
648    2
675    2
702    2
738    2
747    5
756    3
783    1
828    1
846    1
864    1
900    1
927    2
981    1
990    4
1017    1
1044    2
1062    2
1098    3
1134    1
1170    5
1206    2
1215    2
1287    1
1422    0
1521    0

My guess is that these readings were taken in Shenzhen rather than Hong Kong since (1) the HK frequencies (567 621 675 783 863 and 1044) are hardly anything to behold and (2) Shenzhen is listed on 747 in the PAL and is very strong. I don't see Guangzhou (listed) coming at at a 5 on 603 and 990 is anybody's guess. Ah, to be over there again and listen to them first hand...

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
HQ180 + Kiwa air core loop