Re: [IRCA] Aussie QSL Cards?

At 08:09 PM 7/14/2008, you wrote:
>Bob,
>
>Thanks for the great insight there in NY. I never knew the DUs were that
>easy to hear in the 60s back East. I guess good A&K and clear
>frequencies do make a big difference. Yes, I remember the talk in the
>late 70s about North America going on the 9 khz plan. I am sure glad we
>didn't!!!!  The polution may be a fator, but I would think volcanos
>would hurt DX as much as anything and Mt. st Helens blew in 1980 and
>really had no effect on DX as far as I know.
>
>73,
>
>Patrick

I wonder whether there's been any serious research in this area.  Sure seems that it's a fairly important part of science.  I suspect the military would be very interested in all things
to do with propagation, especially in years past.  I would imagine that they'd run across the differences if they were looking....whether they'd care or not, I'm not sure, but things like this
should be published somewhere, wouldn't you think?  .......Walt.