Re: [IRCA] Outstanding DU Morning at Grayland

Re: [IRCA] Outstanding DU Morning at Grayland

> I believe it had to do with conditions. In those days, Hawaiians also
> blanketed the dial night after night. As far as antennas go, I had the
> same SW EWE in those days, I have today, except for new wire. The
> "strong punch" just is not there for the South Pacific, it was in the
> late 70s/early 80s.

That's quite interesting.  I have to wonder what the differences in solar
conditions are, or if that is entirely responsible for the change.  I wonder
if there is an archive on solar numbers such as is posted automatically.
Then compare the numbers.  If they are close, then what the heck else could
change things that much?  Can't be RF, as there was just about as much from
AM/FM/TV in the 80's as now.  Certainly not a huge difference.

I gotta say that I hear a lot more noise these days.  The overall noise
floor has become waist high rather than a floor.

Guess I should pester Google to find a solar numbers archive that goes back
30 years.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI