Re: [IRCA] 1140 UN'id Help Needed

Noting KCLE's now being licensed at 5,000 day, 710 night, I was surprised to find them relatively weak early this afternoon, easily nullible on my YB300PE, with, presumably, Oklahoma City making it. KCLE's transmitter site is 68.371 miles from me. RMS reading, per FCC graph of daytime pattern directed my way is about 375, compared to standard pattern RMS of 741 (which, unless my understanding of these figures is completely off base, means a little more than 2,500 watts should be coming my way.) Toward Marion, the daytime pattern directs at 898 RMS figure, compared to the 741 standard reading. The nighttime pattern shows an approximate 245/250 ratio toward Krum, nearly all of the 710-watt signal, but only a 40/250 ratio toward Marion (using the WGGH transmitter site coordinates at 611.93 miles from KCLE's to obtain the azimuth.

Draw your own conclusions.

During daytime, I've found quarter-hour commercial clusters, all local retailers, and ID referring to 60 years of service, KCLE-1140. "Classic Country" slogan not heard, but I'll check TOH to see if Cleburne-Burley-Crowley ID is given.

Qal R. Mann, Krumudgeon