Re: [IRCA] WRCI-990, ex-WLGZ

Mike Brooker wrote:
WRCI-990 in Rochester, NY is not a relay of Radio Canada International (Canada's shortwave service), but religious format, ex-WLGZ. Noted at 0901 with gsopel songs and IBOC-flogging ToH ID "WRCI and WRCI-HD, Rochester's Christian radio". Dear God, in Jesus' name please smite IBOC dead!!

Crawford Broadcasting, which owns WRCI, is one of the IBOC true believers, which means this one (and their other AMs, such as WPTR 1540 and the 560/810/1220 in Denver) will probably be hashing away for some time to come.

That said, WRCI is *so* directional at night that the signal is not clean enough to decode audio here at my QTH, less than a mile south of the Rochester city line, after dark. Even in daylight it can be a tricky catch. I can null the IBOC sidebands almost completely at night here.

The flip from "Legends" // WLGZ-FM happened at about 0010 this morning, btw.