[IRCA] Hope You Slept In: TPs from Orcas Island, June 29

[IRCA] Hope You Slept In: TPs from Orcas Island, June 29

Wow,

For a while, I thought that I'd have nothing but a few of the very weakest hets. Then at 1205, 675 started showing audio. They are one of those stations that puts in audio with almost no carrier showing. 756 made it up to 6 in parallel with 675, but just briefly at 1207. 567 almost made it to audio at 1211... Note that all of these were almost certainly Kiwi National Radios in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. 1107 was the only probable Aussie, showing audio at 1213 for less than a minute.

1098 showed a fat het, but only at dawn and then briefly.

Sure seems like solar control working, since NZ is about 10 degrees more southerly here (with less approach to the North auroral ring) than any of the Aussies. Geez, I wish that I'd slept in... Everything was gone at exactly dawn.

We have house guests for the next week, so radio time will largely disappear.

Hava nice Sunday.

John B.