Re: [IRCA] KKFO app's

Mike,

Gordon A. Rogers, I had not thought of him for a long time, per my old
KGAR 1550 1 KW QSL from the 60s. They were in an old house. Visitied it
a couple of times When KISN 910 was huge back in the late 60s, KGAR,
also a top 40 rocker, tried to compete by opening studios across
Burnside at 10th in West Portland. KISN was on one side and KGAR on the
other. But poor KGAR could not compete, being only a 1 KWer daytimer
that got trambled by 1550 SF near sunset and in the mornings in the
Portland area, plus they had to sign off. KISN being a 5 KWer on 910
that covered Portand and area well. Then later came along KGW 620 with
top 40 rock that did compete with KISN well. For a time even 1520 was
rock. KGON. They said they went rock just to knock KISN out of the
water. They did with their 50 KW, but after they made number one, they
chaged format.  I've got the old Pioneer Broadcasting KGW QSL card from
the 60s, and the KYXI 1520 card. Lots of history.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager