Re: [IRCA] TPs from Vancouver Island on June 22: no poorer than usual, which has lately been pretty poor

At 11:10 AM 6/22/2008, Nick Hall-Patch wrote:

>Got ambitious this morning, and listened from 1145 to 1225UT.  More time does not necessarily equal more DX.
>
>Most interesting in the "what the DX would be if there was any DX" stakes, was a fair strength carrier on 1566 before 1200UT, that seemed Asiatic (best on the northerly Flag)....so HLAZ is still trying to make an appearance pretty much right at summer solstice.
>
>The best carrier strengths here were 738 and 1098, with 1475 putting in a reasonable appearance also.   1386 and 1503 showed signs of life, and there were a large number of weaker carriers.  Managed three (apparently) DU audios: 702 at 1205UT, 792 at 1209UT, and 774 at 1215UT.   All were deeply in the murk, and required a bit  of preamplification to be sure these weren't imaginary.
>
>Interestingly, sometimes these signals were better on the 1m square ALA100 copper pipe loop than on the westerly Flag, in spite of not having the Flag's attenuation off the back end.
>
>best wishes,
>
>Nick

As for me, I got called after midnight, and didn't return for a few hours.....so slept in, although, I have recorded the 11:45 to 12:15 window between 530 and 1330 on Perseus to have a quick look.  I'll report later if anything interesting showed up.....Walt.