To: "irca-hard-core-dx.com" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:35 AM
Subject: [IRCA] DU from Orcas Island - June 10

Was up early and couldn't resist giving the band a try starting 40
minutes before dawn (1140 UTC).  That first sweep up the band was
probably the best, though each time I went up, I ended up with about
5 or 6 threshold audios, often different and almost all just above or
just below language recognition.

The composite list of audios:
567
612 ABC News 4QR Brisbane pres.
639
675//756 Nat Radio Christchurch
738
756//675 Nat Radio Auckland
774
783
792
828
891
1017 low pops NZ?
1053 DU talk
1116
1386 Hindi mx.

The Hindi from Radio Tarana, Auckland (pres.) was only present on the
first run at about 1145. The best was 756//675 from New Zealand. 675
must have worked on their transmitter or antenna/ground system as I
don't think that I've heard them since the old days (1990) when they
were 3YA and I QSLed them.

Nice morning!

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Ultralights
Antennas: Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest