To: "NRC List " <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "IRCA List " <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2008 1:37 PM
Subject: [IRCA] Re 1737 PNG KUT

What is this being reported on WC? Is there a chain of these around the globe?

Condx very boring this AM so tried 1737. Very strong signal here alternating constantly between single tone and hash every couple of seconds. Definitely not PNG - rough DF places it either on Diego Garcia or Western Carib. Seriously, judging by its fade out time I would guess Western Cuba or central America.

Do they ever ID either in voice or morse?

Obviously I don't know much about beacons but will try to scan 1700-1800 when I get a chance.

Ray Moore, FT Myers, FL