Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: UNID C&W Station on 1060

On Sunday 01 June 2008 14:13, Blaine Thompson wrote:
> Last October, I heard WMCL (1060am, McLeansboro, IL), with KYW
> nulled at about Midnight or so, Eastern time.
>
> 100kW says WMCL is Country - "Dial Global - Mainstream Country"
> satellite format.  So I would point my finger at WMCL, perhaps
> running daytime power.

I think you're on to something, Blaine... their pattern has a null to
the SE, which would explain why they weren't heard by Willis in TN.
If it was them, they sure weren't running 2W night power!

The case isn't exactly closed, but I agree that the circumstantial
evidence points to WMCL.  Unneeded here, of course!

Thanks,

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON