Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Applications by CKBD-600 and CBU-690 both

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Applications by CKBD-600 and CBU-690 both

Paul

That's true. However, the programming on KRPI-1550 targets Vancouver, and apparently originates from Vancouver. While KRPI is owned by a Washington state corporation, one of its two officers has a Canadian address. It would be perfectly plausible for Canadians associated with the station to apply for 600, and if awarded the license, move the KRPI programming to 600. 1550 would then either go up for sale or go dark. From a practical standpoint, this would be the same thing as moving the station across the border, even though the station wouldn't be relicensed to Vancouver. I have no idea if KRPI's owners are interested, but it's a possibility. I probably should have been a bit more clear in my earlier e-mail.

Bruce

Paul B. Walker, Jr. wrote:
The FCC and CRTC are entirely different orgainzations in different countries
and it would never happen.... 1550 and 1600 simple TARGET the Vancouver area
because of their signals.. but it would take an act of God, Congress &
Parliment to relicense a US station in Canada!

Paul