[DX] Kuumakallekuuntelu

Mauno Ritola pilasi eilen viestillään tulevaisuuteni kuumakallekuuntelijana esimerkiksi kylmäkallevastaanottimella. Harmi, ettei koko kaistaa voi 'yleisistä' netin SDR:ista tallentaa. Täytyy tyytyä kopsimaan ääntä yhdeltä taajuudelta kerrallaan, vaikkapa Audacityä käyttäen...
Ei kai koko DX-kuuntelijakunta voi yhteen pistelaskukiistaan hajota?
73, MOP

published by Michael Stutz at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/dsl.html

ere on the 313E. Many thanks to Patrick, Bruce and Kaz for the tuning tips for Hawaii. I'm going to keep trying for the others.

So, I think that I got three new countries this morning: New Zealand, Tahiti and Hawaii. Frankly, I forgot to check the IRCA list to see if Hawaii is a separate radio country.... it is on most lists.

A couple of other thoughts: I was messing around with the SW antenna during daylight hours yesterday. It is the most Southwesterly I've ever used here. Being only 150 feet long, the property is easily wide enough to crank it around to 230 degrees (the best that I've ever done before was probably 250 degrees.) 230 puts it aimed at the waters between New Zealand and Australia with the backside pointed at Vancouver, Victoria and Seattle. During the daytime yesterday, I was consistently putting 40 dB of null on Victoria on 900... sometimes even 45 dB. With 890 being pretty open and 40 dB of null on 900, no wonder that the E100 heard the two DUs on 891 yesterday so darn well.

The E100 is clearly my digital Ultralight of choice for split frequency work. It is the only digital one (I think) that tunes in one kilohertz increments. Quite a few of my loggings this morning were accomplished by sliding one or even two kilohertz off-channel. I'll be working with the National SRF-39 more from Orcas Island, because I think that it is a good DX machine, but right now, I'm so busy logging that I'm sticking with the E100. The modified DT-200VX... with Guy's IF filter mod and my external antenna port is not quite as good as the E100 AND it cannot tune in 1 kHz. steps (only 9 or 10). Its a fine Ultralight radio for domestic work, but not for Trans-Oceanic DXing.

Once again, Ultralighting took a average morning and made it special!

John B.
Reporting live from the Westport, WA Library. A sandwich and a Coke were $14.00 at the Local Tavern!